Hoist systems for your specific needs
Precision Process designs and manufactures automatic and manual hoist systems.
Controlling your hoist system:
- Fully automated control of hoist systems is provided by our Automotion 8000 software suite.
- Automotion integrates seamlessly with PLC controls from all manufacturers, and includes an integrated HMI interface tailored to the requirements of the machine and customer.
- Alternatively, Automotion can be used with popular HMIs like Wonderware, WinCC, and RSView.
- For manual systems, local and/or remote controls are available for hoists and process equipment.
Positioning your hoist system:
- Hoist positioning is accomplished through rotary optical encoders or laser distance meters.
- Optical encoders are a time-tested traditional method of hoist positioning.
- Laser distance meters provide many advantages, including non-contact measurement, robust analog or digital signaling, elimination of troublesome cabling, and absolute positioning – no homing required.
- Optionally, redundant station position flags are available for the highest level of safety.
Protecting your hoist system:
- Precision Process offers lift and body assemblies in powder-coated steel or heavy gauge stainless steel for maximum corrosion resistance.
- Moving parts can be sealed or enclosed to reduce particulates in clean room environments.
- Environmentally enclosed machines prevent fumes from reaching operators or contaminating room air
- Integrated tank rim exhaust for stringent cleanliness requirements and reduction of corrosive fumes reaching hoists and framework
Styles of hoist systems
—for weights up to 650 lbs (295 kg)
Side-arm hoists ride on a cantilevered rail system located behind the process tanks. The frame assembly (available in stainless steel or epoxy-coated steel) is fabricated in an L-shaped format, where the tanks sit on the bottom of the "L", and the hoist rides on the vertical section.
Overhead hoists—for lift capacities of up to 10,000 lbs (4536 kg)
To lift heavy loads, overhead-hoist systems come with two motor-driven stainless steel take-up wheel assemblies with heavy-duty lift straps or chains. Overhead hoists ride on dual rails located above the process tanks. Rails are positioned outside the tanks’ work envelop, to reduce particulate contamination in the tanks. Overhead hoists require a superstructure assembly (available in stainless steel or epoxy-coated steel) on both the front and rear of the tank system, extending above the tanks.
3 axis robot—for clean rooms and space saving needs
Both side-arm and overhead designs can be utilized with a 3rd axis, providing front-to-back in addition to lateral movement. This feature allows tanks to be positioned along both the X and Y axis, reducing overall length of the tool. This design also allows tanks to be positioned to prevent transportation of dripping parts over sensitive baths.
Styles of material handling
Barrel plating equipment has many options available, including:
- In-tank monitoring of barrel rotation
- Variable rotation speed
- Rotation during hoist transport or drip off
- Automatic barrel loading with weight measurement tied to plating current
- Barrel mating with internally forced solution sparger, for maximum in-barrel solution turnover
- Inline barrel dryers to reduce or eliminate offline spin dryer needs
- Racking stations available with automated machine loading
- Racking stations include terminals for operator part data entry
- Part count and surface area tied to plating current
- Automatic inline stripping of jigs
- Inline parts dryer
- Rack bumping or oscillating agitation available to eliminate bubble formation
- Same options available as for Racks
- Additional consideration for part float
- Basket spin rotation available
Designs available to run Barrels, Racks, and Baskets within the same machine and within the same tanks.
Additional hoist system specific options:
- Manual joystick operations on automated hoists
- Random-loading, fixed-timeway, or hybrid-scheduling
- Fully enclosed hoists with internally traveling exhaust – captures fumes as parts are lifted from tank
- Automated tank lids for enclosing highly corrosive chemicals
- Capable of removing a hoist from service while continuing to run remaining hoists at reduced production capacity
Check out our brand new Automatic Hoist Line for Sale!